Manufactures wire and cable products
Understand, translate, and process work orders/production documents; tend/operate multiple production machines; load and unload spools/drums; weigh materials; adjust/calibrate and change parts on machinery; perform electrical tests; perform quality assurance tests; clean/lubricate production machines; troubleshoot production machines; perform tests and checks on products; operate ovens; operate micrometer and other testing equipment; handle bare product; move raw materials and finished goods; practice 5S.
*Other duties may be assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Mathematical skills – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills, using all units of measure (whole numbers, fractions, and decimals). Successfully pass application mathematics examination.
• Ability to track and record production results and follow priorities to ensure on-time completion of tasks.
• Must have physical dexterity.
• Good vision and eye-hand coordination.
• Pass the color vision test
• Ability to use production tools and equipment.
• Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner to protect one’s self, others, products, materials and other company assets from harm.
• Operates with a high degree of integrity in the performance of duties to foster good working relationships, develop a spirit of teamwork, and accomplish job goals
• Must be able to hear audible alarms for building evacuation and shelter in place, and moving equipment.
• Must be able to hear audible equipment alarms and other noises associated with product problems in order to avoid scrap.
• Must be able to communicate in English; written and verbal.
• Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, stoop, kneel, crouch, pushing/pulling, handling and feeling. Must independently lift, carry, and wield up to 50 pounds; must lift and move, with mechanical lifts and by rolling, 100 pounds or more. Must be able to work at heights; work around or with moving machinery; operate mobile equipment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.